2022 Allied Health Professionals Week!
Allied Health Professionals Week is dedicated to the allied health professionals that play an essential role in our health care system. Allied health professions promote the optimum health, function, and the improvement of health-related quality of life.
As members of the Health Professions Network (HPN), we take part in celebrating this week and raising awareness about the important contributions allied health professionals make by providing diagnostic evaluation, treatment to diseases and disorders, rehabilitation services and the management and operation of our health systems. Advocating for the investment in the future of the allied healthcare workforce is of utmost importance!
Join us as we celebrate Allied Health Professionals week! During this week, members of the allied health community from across the country participate in activities that raise awareness about the importance of allied health with elected officials.
November 7th: Contact your legislators!
We encourage you to contact your elected officials at the local, state, and federal levels to raise awareness about importance of allied health and the essential roles they play in our health care system.
Feel free to use the template language/letter Congressional Outreach Template Letter
Find your state legislators [Find Your State Legislators - Open States]
Find your federal legislators [Find Your Members in the U.S. Congress | Congress.gov | Library of Congress]
November 8th: Share your stories!
Sharing stories is an integral part of the advocacy process. The stories we collect will be utilized to share specific information with federal agencies and elected officials about your work as an allied health professional.
Do you and your fellow allied health professionals do great things at your hospital and/or facility? Tell us about your work as integral members of interdisciplinary teams!!
We are looking for great examples of allied health professionals working together. Please complete this form and/or share with your allied health colleagues: https://bit.ly/3scEfkh
November 9th: Join us in Columbus, OH for the HPN Fall Conference - November 9th - 11th!
HPN's Fall 2022 Conference: Pushing Beyond Boundaries - Defining Creative Solutions within Limits. Register here: https://www.hpnonline.org/event/hpn-fall-2022/
November 10th: Health Professions Network: Working for Allied Health!
HPN is the only organization supporting all areas of involvement and all specialties involved in allied health. Learn more about what we do! https://bit.ly/3yEvnYh
Share the link with your members!
November 11th: We appreciate you!
Thank you for celebrating allied health professional week with us!
We hope you chance to participate in activities that raised awareness about the important role allied health professionals play in the promotion of optimum health, function, and the improvement of health-related quality of life.
- Health Professions and Nursing Education Coalition (HPNEC)
- HPN presentation at May 2011 Institute of Medicine meeting on allied health
- Health Information Workforce Center (HWIC)
- Information on federal grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- List of available grants from the U.S. Bureau of Health Professions
- The Anatomy of an Occupational Classification: What it takes to Accurately Reflect Your Profession Within the Bureau of Labor Statistics
HPN meeting presenter handouts
- Are We Graduating Enough Health Care Providers?
- ETA Opportunities for Allied Health Workforce Development
- Initiatives in Allied Health Workforce Development
Federal Government Resources
- HRSA National Center for Health Workforce Information and Analysis
- Thomas / Library of Congress
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) e-mail lists
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Services
- Citizens Health Care Working Group
- National Center for Health Statistics